Friday, September 5, 2008

Printable Housing???















A University of Southern California engineer and his colleagues are developing a 3D printer for houses.

Called Contour Crafting, the system spits out layers of concrete to build a structure from the bottom up. Caterpillar, the worlds largest manufacter of construction equipment is sponsoring the research. Read the full article here.

----------
Source:
BoingBoing, A Directory of Wonderful Things
Posted by
David Pescovitz, September 3, 2008 9:29 AM

2 comments:

  1. This is so interesting! My husband has a 3-D printer at work and it is really neat. I never thought about what a HUGE one of those could do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...a 3-D printer...I never really thought about that...can you send me the name of the printer? I'd be interested in reading the specs on it. :-)

    ReplyDelete