Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Universal Letter Writing Week

"Gorge" Note Set, 4.25"X5.5" (3)

As most weeks are devoted to text messaging, this week is designated as Universal Letter Writing Week. Each year, one week in January is designated as Universal Letter Writing Week.

Take a moment this week and send a letter. Go old school - letters are a great way to get in touch with someone you haven’t talked to in a while or just to send a simple hello.

Although I am guilty of not writing letters, I enjoy when my dad sends me a letter of remembrance (he’s still old school – gotta love your dad). I’d especially die (figuratively) for a four page tasty or heart filled letter from someone (seriously, I wouldn’t mind a one pager – it’s more of the thought that counts)!

I think we tend to take advantage of email and the telephone – not to mention we can push a key to send text messages via the telephone and im. I sometimes wonder is this fast paced world getting a bit ridiculous. I also often get annoyed when someone sends me a text message in regards to going out! Where’d that all come from? Who on earth does that? How about sending me a small note or letter!

In closing, a simple letter or small note always sends a smile. Try it! Who knows you may get something in return.

Feel inspired to send a note but not sure where to start? Try
Etsy Greetings – you’ll be amazed by what you find.


"Thinking of You," Gocco Printed Note Card 4.25"X5.5"

1 comment: